Sunday, February 04, 2007

Linguine with cream sauce

Last week the New York times had a recipe for a lemon cream sauce for pasta. It was kind of unusual - but delicious with the salmon I made to go with it. Later on I mixed it up a bit and used the same technique to make a shrimp cream sauce. Today I made a mushroom cream sauce. Below is my basic technique.

1. Fry something savoury, like mushrooms and garlic, in butter.
2. Add 1/2 white wine and reduce it by 2/3s.
3. Add about 1/4 cup cream. (It will curdle. But it doesn't matter). Cooks for another 2-3 mins. Take off the heat.
4. When the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the hot pot. Toss with the sauce and add 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese.

(This makes enough for 1 person - ME!)


But, after three times in one week I think I am going to have to give the creamy linguine a break and go back to my lentils.

1 comment:

Laura Grenier said...

Lovedd reading this thank you