Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Corn Salad

I am always on the look out for easy vegetable dishes to take for lunch. When I saw this corn salad in this month's "Everyday Food" I had to try it. I changed up the recipe a little to suit my tastes and what I had on hand. But I think this could be a lunch box staple. I got everything ready the night before and just tossed it together before I left for the lab.

The salad originally had jalapeƱo pepper - but I don't like the heat so I used some green onion. I also used a different dried spice. The dressing was originally lemon - but I had a couple limes so I decided to use lime instead.



Corn Salad
(adapted from Everyday Food, March 2007)

1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
1 green onion, sliced
1/2 tsp dried basil
2 tbsp lime dressing

1. Mix all the ingredients.

Lime Dressing
(adapted from Everyday Food, March 2007)

juice from 1 lime, around 1/8 a cup
1/8 a cup rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup olive oil

1. Put all ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake shake shake.
(makes about 3/4 of a cup)

No comments: